While the City is closely monitoring the progression of the virus and is planning for the potential spread in the Upper Valley region, we are asking everyone to concentrate their efforts on PREVENTION. There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
Prevention measures that are accessible to almost everyone and should be practiced regularly include:
- Proper Hand Washing (If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol)
- Covering Your Cough
- Avoiding Touching your Eyes, Nose, and Mouth
- Avoiding Close Contact with Anyone Who is Sick (Maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet)
- Staying Home When You Are Sick
- Regularly Cleaning and Disinfecting Frequently Touched Objects and Surfaces
- Following the *CDC’s Guidance for Travel.
During this time of uncertainty, we also ask that our community continue to follow CDC guidance regarding practicing responsible social distancing and personal prevention measures as well as the following recommendations for People at Serious Risk for COVID-19:
If you are at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19, you should:
Stock up on supplies
Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others
When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
Avoid crowds as much as possible
During a COVID-19 outbreak an outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible