Mound Cemeterypicture 023

 

The Mound Cemetery Association was organized in 1859 under special charter of the statutes of Ohio passed February 24, 1848. The Village of Monroe deeded the Mound Cemetery to the Lemon Township Board of Trustees on May 19, 1941 to manage and maintain. In the mid 1990's the responsibility of the Mound Cemetery was given back to the City of Monroe. Today there are ten sections with plots still available. Mound Cemetery is located at 560 S. Main Street, Monroe, Ohio 45050