ADVANCE MONROE 2040 UPDATE:
At their September 21st meeting, Planning Commission voted a favorable recommendation regarding the Comprehensive Plan. The draft recommendations will be presented to City Council at a future date as the last step in the adoption process.
In the meantime, the Advance Monroe Comprehensive Plan draft document is still up and available for feedback online at www.AdvanceMonroe.com.
The Development Department is responsible for the planning, zoning, and building functions in the city.
The Development Department has the following duties:
- Review of permit applications for zoning compliance
- Assistance to the public regarding planning and zoning processes
- Coordination with developers, other city departments, community groups, and outside organizations through the development process
- Implementation of various strategic and long-range planning studies
- Enforcement and Inspection of zoning code or property maintenance violations
- Issuance of approval for lot splits, consolidations and subdivision plats
- Provide GIS and mapping services for the city
- Serve the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals